Monday, November 23, 2009

CHAPTER FIVE

Juliette’s point of view:
Great just great my first day in this unnamed state and I had to spend it some cheap hotel. I screamed at my father in Dutch.
I am sorry sweetie but how was I supposed to know that our luggage would get lost. I replied in Spanish.
If we just would have stayed home none of this would have happened. I screeched in Russian, from the nasty two star bathroom.
Well please just get ready for bed and we will finish this conversation in the morning. He said with a steady tone in English.
Why do you always do this every time we are having a conversation you put it of till the morning when I barely remember what we are talking about. I yelled in Dutch. Well not this time I won’t forget because we are gonna talk about it now. I said stern and in plain French.
I do not appreciate you talking to me in that tone young lady now off to bed you go no television. He said looking at my reflection in the tiny bathroom mirror.
Ugh… je vous déteste (I hate you)! I yelled almost loud enough for the people in the next room to hear.
School was starting in about two weeks but I don’t even have my luggage! I thought while I stared at the plain boring white ceiling, my father lay snoring on his uncomfortable rollaway bed. I hate this why can’t I be a normal child? I screamed in my mind I was so mad it felt like the room was getting hotter and hotter. I got I slight head ache later on because of it! And that’s when I came up with the plan!
I was gonna change my whole style! I would hide my body under bulky clothing and I wouldn’t even wear makeup I would be very quiet during class and shy to anyone who would talk to me and to top it off I was gonna be friends with the most unpopular girl in school. So guys would leave me alone I would act smart in front of them. American boy’s HATE when girls are smarter than them.
As I thought up ways to make my way to the unpopular category at my new school I grinned from ear to ear and chuckled but I guess laying on my back was a bad idea since I started choking on my own saliva! My dad quickly sat up and asked me what was wrong in Dutch! But I told him I was fine and that he should go back to sleep in English. He turned over and started snoring again. My eye’s watered a little bit but I still chuckled as I continued my little plan.
I got up and made my way to the closet in the dark which again wasn’t a good Idea because I stubbed my toe on my father’s rollaway bed. I tried to hold back a loud screech that was on the tip of my tongue. Instead I just sank to the floor holding my toes rubbing out the pain. I sat there silently in the dark on the stained carpet screaming my brains out in my mind!
I got up and felt my way to the little coat closet where I stashed my carryon bag. I grabbed it and hopped back over toward my bed. I almost stubbed my toe again but I felt the bed with my hands so I wouldn’t hurt my little toe again!I stuck my hand in the bag and searched around for my pad and pencil. I ALWAYS had my pad and pencil with me. The pad had drawings of linked chains on the back which made their way all the way to the front of the pad where the chain ends were hooked together by a heavy duty pad lock; across the top I stuck a strip of police tape at the top. It was neon yellow with the word Caution in big bold letters printed more than once. I was great at drawing and writing. So everything I did featured my own personalized drawings. The pencil was specially made just for me it had my first and last name stamped onto the side and it was mechanical so I could use it forever. I kept these two things with me where ever I went I wrote whatever was on my mind in there sometimes it would be a poem or just simply a short dairy entrée but somehow I always ended up writing letters that I would never send to people in there! Telling them what I really thought about them no matter what language (including curses)! I often wrote reminders and love notes in there as well as not so short stories. But today I opened to a fresh new page and wrote in large cursive letters: Operation Unpopular at the top! Any idea that popped into my head I quickly jotted it down beside a bullet point. Soon the whole page was full of ideas. Tomorrow was my day to go to work! But for now I’ll just lay here for awhile I won’t fall asleep because I have way too many ideas in my head. As my heart pounded in my chest excitedly approving my plan I stared at the hotel ceiling. After a while when I got bored I dug in my carryon bag for my I-touch. When my fingers finally found it I stuck the bejeweled earphones in my ear and searched for my favorite night song. It’s called Despertar by Aisha Duo. This was my favorite song to fall asleep to, it had no lyrics just a blend of instruments. My eye’s got heavy and I lay there in silence as my toe throbbed. Soon I was in a comfortable sleep.

No comments: