Monday, October 22, 2012

Satisfied

Like the title says right now I'm just satisfied. In a pretty good mood. Ive been watching the walking dead and SPOILER ALERT I thought Hershel was going to turn out to be a zombie and in Sundays episode Rick was such a badass though! Besides that terpsys starts on Wednesday so my schedule is about to be full! I'm excited and I've been waiting for it to start for a LONG time. For those of you who don't know terpsys is one of the dance programs at my school. It's a lot of hardworking and people may not consider dance a sport but we work just as hard as anyone else to achieve a goal. Maybe our goal isn't bench pressing twice our body weight but I am positive no one else can hit a triple turn leap into an arabesque. So continue to say it isn't a sport but I know I can do things you can't and if dancing were easy they would probably call it ping pong. Like seriously how can you say ping pong is a sport? Well I can argued actively all day that dancing is not only a sport but it is also an art form because the performer can portray an emotion which other sports normally don't get to do. Alright moving on... So I totally skipped telling you guys that I took the PSATS last week. It's honestly not as bad as I thought it would be. But it was just practice and I'm guessing the actual thing will be ten times harder. WHOA! I'm such a zero brain and I forgot to mention to you the battle of the bands thing. It was new to our area and three bands from the surrounding cities were invited my marching band being one of them. And before you all start questioning who won Et me tell you it wasn't an actual competition more like a showcase but of course everyone there was trying to see who the best band was. As far as sound and musicality go my band was by far the best. We played stay scheming and born to be wild and the time warp and a bunch of songs that everyone knows. But then the band that organized the showcase went all out. I mean they were chanting things and were doing choreography and as a band I know we felt threatened because we started playing louder than before and became more competitive. Then came the drumlins section of the performance. And it was truly the MOST entertaining thing to watch the first drumlins went up and shared base drums and pointed at each school which was cute. But what really set it off was when the "premier" school (the school that organized it) went on. The lights went out and the curtains were closed and when they came on stage and turned around they had on jabbowalkie masks. I couldn't even hold back my fan girl moment at that point. I knew if it were a competition that right then and there they had already won. They had choreography and they were dancing and sharing snares it was AMAZING! I knew our drummers who were backstage must have been rattled up. Because we didn't have anything like that prepared. Matter of fact we didn't move at all we stayed stationary and played a series of cadences. The rest of the band was trying to pump it up and show support we were yelling and clapping and being the best support wise. But we knew the other school was silently doing a victory dance. When our drummers finished some people from the audience (from the premier school) started shouting go home and nananana goodbye at our drmline. It was very rude. And I was sort of hoping that for next year we could add in some of that movement and take it to the next level like that. Because movement along with our already solid sound would make us the BEST band! And I have some ideas that could make the drmline portion of next years performance sooooo much better. But I know our drum line is sttubborn. They like to brag about being the best section of the band and whatever but I know for sure that performance must have humbled them. No more bragging. ONE BAND ONE SOUND! I know I could put together an amazing performance that could blow the premier school out of the water but because I'm not a drummer I know they won't even consider what I have to offer. Not saying they need my help or anything but me and a couple other of the band members are dancers we deal with choreography on a daily basis we could totally make something worth being proud of. I would have been frustrated if not embarrassed to be stationary after a big performance like that and at that point I was happy our rumors have good cadences and a supportive band. If they would only be more open to other peoples opinions swallow their pride and let us help. I could add elements to thicken the whole performance and add the entertainment factor. But being that the drum line could care less about anyone's opinion especially mine considering my ex I know they would be out for blood if I tried to step up and help. I figure we have one more year to get it together and if for our senior year next year they really want to go up there and play "clicks" and have the audience yelling at them. Then it's fine with me. The bus ride back with the band was horrific. Truly scary. People were ranting on and on about how we had good sound and the other band was just showing off and being rude. But honestly their band is a unit you could tell they at least all like each other they worked hard on their performance and I think they deserved to show off. If I was them I would have done it too! Maybe not yell at other bands to go home but I would be more proud of what I'm presenting. Either way let me wrap this up before it becomes a huge rant. I can help if everyone lets me. I know I have no authority to declare myself a leader in this band and maybe no one would agree with my ideas or think they look ridiculous but I'm sure once we finished they would be proud of their work regarless of what any other school was doing. And on a completely unrelated note I want to dye the ends of my hair a different color. It's between purple dark blue light blue and red! If my mom would let me I would be the happiest girl on earth. I don't want something that will fade then washout I want something that's at least semi permanent! I think it would look amazing I'm trying to change my look still anyway. I think I can do it if my momwould let me! She's so protective of my hair and it's not even hers. Doesn't she know that could only lead me too do stupid things with my hair when I am older then she would really be upset. On thanksgiving when I come home and I have dyed my hair white and shaved it into a spikes mow hawk! Then what she can't tell me anything! Let me experiment!!! Alright I'm done with this post now sooo... -blog ya later!

No comments: