Monday, December 29, 2008

ice dancer chap. 3

Maddix threw her book bag on the old couch.
Maddix is that you? Said a voice from a distance.
Yes it’s me gram-gram. Maddix yelled back.
Gram-gram walked meticulously into the room. There was a trouble-some look on her face.
I heard about what happened in school! Exclaimed gram-gram.
I do not wanna talk about it. Maddix said under her voice.
Well we are definitely going to talk about it. What did you do?
Well my wrist watch danger indicator went off and I saved the bank from being robbed an… her gram-gram cut her off before she could finish talking.
You skipped school so you could save a bank? Yelled gram-gram.
But I…. I told you let the police handle those things.
But they were already there and they could not….. Stop. I can’t take this.
Ok, since you are always begging me to teach you some new moves you can use, I’m gonna teach you. Really? You are? Screamed Maddix with excitement. Every Tuesday and Thursday. But today is Tuesday! Said Maddix trying to hide that she was excited. Well lets go outside and start! Gram-gram said with a devious grin.
Once they were outside gram-gram drew circle on the concrete with a piece of chalk. Stand in this circle. She said as she made the second circle. Maddix did as she was told. Now I want you to do whatever you want to knock me out of my circle and I will try to resist you and try to knock you out of your circle. Ok. Maddix said.
Maddix pushed her hands toward gram-gram forcing water at her. Gram-gram cuffed her hands together and spun around really fast. The water made a sphere around her and started spinning around and around. Soon you could not even see her. Maddix got nervous. Suddenly gram-gram locked her wrists together tightly and forced the water back at her. Maddix was surprised by her water attack. The water came at her with such a powerful force that Maddix step outside of her circle then tripped over a tree branch that broke its way through the concrete. Whoa that was awesome grandma show me how to do that. Exclaimed Maddix.
Well if you do this the wrong way you could drown in it and die. So lets start with something simple. What I want you to do is just practice returning the water to me. Gram forced water at me. Cuff your hands and force the water back at me. She screamed over the sound of water. Maddix again did what she was told and forced the water back at her. Gram took the water and messed with it for a little while pretending that it was a basketball as she dribbled it on the concrete to show off. Grandma how do you do that its water it can’t bounce up and down. Well large amounts of water are not supposed to float through the air either, but we can both do that.she said with a wink of her eye.now I want you to get the ball from me. But don’t step out of your circle. Maddix froze the ball then made the water form hands and took the ball from her.
Good job. Gram exclaimed.
Now I want you to block yourself from my water attack. Gram said as she got into position.
Grams pushed water at Maddix with a great force.
Maddix rose water from the ground and froze it in a circle around her. When the water from grams reached her, she held it in the air while she unfroze the water around her and forced the water back at her grandmother in a surprise attack.

No comments: